One of the funniest things President Donald Trump said in his speech at CPAC was that we should encourage the Democrats talk more and more about their brilliant Green New Deal. He wants them to keep talking about it because they are digging a huge political hole, and wants them to keep digging.
If Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez keeps talking about the Green New Deal and her spooky ideas, we will be better off. We need to hear more and more about how deprivation and starvation will save our nation.
Here are a few of her solutions.
- Stop using fossil fuels. Replace them with wind mills and solar cells. Too bad that the wind doesn’t blow all the time, and solar cells don’t work at night.
- Get rid of energy inefficient automobiles and make everybody take the train. If a train is not available, like to Hawaii, you can walk or ride a bicycle.
- Automation will displace millions of people from their menial jobs, like the toll takers on the New Jersey Turnpike. They should be happy because they don’t have to work anymore.
- Give everybody free college, free medical care, guaranteed housing, guaranteed jobs, and guaranteed income. Good intentions for all.
- Ocasio-Cortez plans to pay for this with new taxes based on the climate-change scare, and higher taxes for corporations and rich people.
Let us not denigrate her intelligence. After all, she graduated college cum laude. I am not sure what that says about Boston University, but it seems impossible that someone could go through four years of higher education and graduate enamored with the failed nineteenth century theory of socialism.
How many people have been raised out of poverty by socialism in the last fifty years? None. As an example, this century Venezueal is mastering the socialist process of starving an entire nation. Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t talk about Venezuela. That’s up to someone that understands the subject.
An article in The Economist relates that Capitalism raised over a billion people out of abject poverty in the twenty years from 1990 to 2010. This equates to 50% of the people in the world who were under that poverty line. Of course, those people are not rich yet, and are still in poverty according to US standards. The point is that there have been huge advances in the condition of people around the world, and capitalism is the driver of this prosperity.
We need to let Ms Ocasio-Cortez speak for the Democrat Party. The more she talks, the less sense the Democrat policies make.