OK. I am going to tell you a couple of things you might not know. With the Affordable Care Act, there are lots of things we don’t know, and will not know until it is too late.
The Supreme Court made a big issue of the penalty tax in Obamacare for people who choose to NOT buy insurance. Out of 21,000,000 uninsured, there are bound to be people who will make that choice since paying the penalty tax is cheaper than the insurance. It’s a no brainer.
But, let’s take the case that there special classes of people who don’t want or need the health coverage. Just because they choose to not buy insurance doesn’t mean that they will have the penalty.
Keith Hennessey has written an article addressing this very thing. Please read his article for a better understanding.
Certain special people have waivers written in the law, and approved by Barack Obama.
- Illegal Aliens will not have to pay a penalty tax for not buying insurance.(do they get it for free?)
- Prisoners will not have to pay the penalty. (do they get it for free?)
- You are poor. (see reference for just who is considered poor)
- You are a member of an Indian tribe.
- You are not insured, and will not be for less than three months.
- Your religion does not buy into modern medicine or health insurance.
- You are in a labor Union that has a waiver from the HHS.
Now, all these waivers take in a lot of people. After the dust settles, there will be several million people still not insured.
One of my questions is, who gets their healthcare for free?