No. I don’t mean for you to discover your small intestine, the duodenum. But, take heed that this article might cause gastric events.
Duodenary means twelfth. The calendar portends some noteworthy twelves coming up. Specifically, 12-12-12 is on the horizon, and this is serious stuff. December 12, 2012 is coming up next December, and that combination of twelves doesn’t come around again for another thousand years. This could be the big one!
The number twelve is all over the place. Is this an accident?
- There were Twelve Tribes of Israel. Jesus had Twelve Apostles. Why not thirteen Apostles?
- There are twelve months in a year. There are three hundred sixty degrees in a circle, sixty minutes to an hour, and sixty seconds in a minute. All of these numbers are divisible by twelve, and were obviously determined by our space alien ancestors who probably had twelve fingers, six on each hand.
- Why did Samuel Colt invent the six-shooter? Because, he couldn’t make a hand-gun big enough to carry a twelve shot cylinder! He didn’t do a five or seven-shooter, either.
- What about the twelve days of Christmas?
- The number twelve, cubed, is one thousand seven hundred and twenty-eight.
- There are exactly twelve objects in an even dozen. Who knew?
- What’s the significance of the movie The Dirty D0zen? Why not the Dirty Duo?
- Where did all those twelve step programs come from?
How many times have you read about the world coming to an end in the year 2012? The Mayans seem to have thought that, and now every astrologer and psychic on the planet is mumbling pretty much the same thing. This is a pseudoscientific consensus.
I don’t know what is going to happen on December 12, 2012, and I don’t think anybody does.
What I do know is that we all need to be prepared. Start now accumulating those twelve packs of beer, soda, and cases of whiskey. Keep your six-shooter loaded. Two six-shooters are better.
Just do the numbers by the duodecad, and you will be alright.